B.Sc Statistics is a three-year undergraduate course in statistics which focuses on the collection, meaningful segregation, and interpretation of collected data. The curriculum of BSc Statistics is designed to teach students subjects like probability and permutations. After your graduation, you can pursue courses like actuarial sciences. Graduating in statistics opens up a variety of career opportunities for students.
Statistics is definitely a lucrative career option. In a business environment, where business is becoming more and more data oriented, people who have graduated with a degree in statistics are much sought after. From studies on the demographics of a country to study about the environment, statistics is an integral part of it. With a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, one can become a business analyst, research officer, data analyst or even an investigator.
Statisticians are also required in the government sector to work on studies and research on consumer prices, fluctuations in the economy, employment patterns, population trends, etc. Tests are being conducted almost every year at the Union Public Service Commission to recruit officers in the Indian Statistical Services.
In the private sector, statistical manpower is required in marketing, insurance, and information technology.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 5 % on Tuition fee
|Other Academic Charges*||21,000|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||4200|
|Total Fee per Annum (INR)||57,000|
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
|Delhi (All Places)||INR 32,000|