The 3-year General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) programme is aimed at creating the skilled and competent nurses who put painstaking efforts to discover care and health. This programme lets the students learn to provide the comprehensive medical care to the patients suffering from different ailments. The curriculum of GNM consists of immense knowledge of fundamentals of surgical as well as non-surgical nursing. This programme is run strictly complying with the guidelines of Indian Nursing Council (INC).
The program has been designed to enable eligible candidates to address the health needs of the country, community and individuals. They can also pursue advanced study and specialization in nursing while contributing to the health-based industry with patience, responsibility, and dedication.
The requirement for qualified and skilled nurses is rampant throughout the world. The existing nurse-patient ratio is rather low and disappointing at present. Employment opportunities in this profession are available across private and government hospitals, industries, orphanages, nursing homes, old age homes, sanatoriums and armed forces.
Eligibility: (a ) 10+2 passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks.
(b) 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream only, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board
(c) 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
(d ) Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
-Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. For ANM/ LHV. There is no age bar.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.