The course deals with not only the geographical features of India but also the earth’s features and its population. Various fields like study of the features of soil, climate, plantations etc will be covered in this course. This course will enrich the students about the geography of the world as a whole.
The course covers maps and scales, demography, environment and disaster management and different software required by geographers. The papers in the first year include geomorphology (physical geography), climatology and oceanography, geography of population, and a practical paper in general cartography (the study of making maps). In the next two years, the students learn about environment, geography of south Asia, statistical methods, remote sensing and geographic information system (GIS).
After completing post graduation in geography, students can either go for job in various fields according to the specialization they have taken or else they have the option to do higher studies in various areas.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.