M.A. in Sociology is a postgraduate program which deals with various aspects of social behavior and its consequence on modern society. Sociology is a branch of study which investigates into multiple aspects of society and social behavior. A Postgraduate degree in Sociology teaches the fundamental concepts related to structure of society, organization of society, and how humans interact within these constructs. The basic subject matter of Sociology concerns itself with topics related to family structure, global warfare, religious cults, social class, race and gender etc.
This programme provides you with an understanding of core traditions and contemporary developments in sociological thinking and research. The theories and methods we explore enable us to examine the character and workings of the social institutions that govern people’s lives, and encourage us to critically question the social values we live by.
- This degree course enables the students to go for various Sociology related job such as in industry, commerce, the NHS, education authorities, further and higher education, and charitable, counselling and voluntary organisations.
- Opportunities also exist for sociology graduate in the civil service and graduate management training schemes. Sociology graduates work with a varied and diverse client group during the course of their career.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
|Other Academic Charges*||21,000|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||4200|
|Total Fee per Annum (INR)||56,500|
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
|Delhi (All Places)||INR 32,000|