M.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition is a 2-year full-time post graduate divided across 4 semesters. It has been designed to impart to eligible candidates requisite skills in:
- critical evaluation through an integration of nutrition, dietetics, and research.
- interaction with patients and students.
- hands-on training in hospitals, in association with dieticians and clinicians.
- advanced diet therapy.
- participating in symposiums, research projects, and conferences in Nutrition & Dietetics.
- forging a connection between medicine, chemistry, and food, focusing on the good and bad effects of alimentation on the human body.
Popular areas of employment for such Nutritionists and Dietetics include:
- private or government hospitals
- colleges, schools, research institutes
- maternity, yoga centres
- health maintenance organizations
- public health clinics
- athlete camps, etc.
This degree also provides a firm base for a higher degree such as a M.Phil and Ph.D. Degree in Food Science and Nutrition
Bachelor degree in Home Science or Nutrition or Dietetics or Food Science or Biology or Microbiology or Clinical Biochemistry or Life Sciences or BNYS (Naturopathy) or BAMS (Ayurveda) or PG Diploma in Dietetics from a recognized University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Admission will be on the basis of merit of qualifying exam.
- Above 95% aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100% on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
Fee Structure for the session 2019
| Course Code || Course Name || Tuition Fee || Other Academic Charges* || Admission Fee (One Time) || Total Fee per Annum (INR) |
| C504 || M.Sc. in Nutrition & Dietetics || 46,500 || 21,000 || 4200 || 67,500 |
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
| ROOM TYPES || FEE PER ANNUM (Indian Nationals) in INR || FEE PER ANNUM (Foreign Nationals) in USD |
| SINGLE ROOM || AC || 140000 || 2900 |
| COOLER || 105000 || 2100 |
| NON AC || 95000 || 1700 |
| SHARED ROOM (2-3 SEATER) || AC || 120000 || 2600 |
| COOLER || 90000 || 1600 |
| NON AC || 80000 || 1250 |
| One Time Security Amount of Rs 5000 / USD 75 will be charged extra (adjustable) |
| Hostel Fees includes Room Rent, Mess, Laundry Service, Electricity, Wi-fi & Gymnasium charges. |
| Students who wish to avail accommodation after January 01 of the respective year, shall be liable to pay 60% of the annual fees. |
| The Hostel fee is subject to revision every year. |
| For more details, please read the halls of regulation guide. Click here|
| Slab wise Route || Fee |
| Slab 7 (Delhi - All Places) || INR 34,000 |
| Slab 6 (Gurgaon) || INR 32,000 |
| Slab 5 (Rohtak, Sonepat) || INR 28,000 |
| Slab 4 (Bawana, Chhawla Village, Deenpur, Nangli Dairy, Narela, Udyog Nagar) || INR 26,000 |
| Slab 3 (Kanjhawala, Kharkhoda, Kundal, Najafgarh, Nangloi, Sampla, Saidpur, Sohti) || INR 22,000 |
| Slab 2 (Asoda, Bamnoli, Ghewra Mor, Jharoda Village, Ladrawan,Kanonda, Mundka, Tikri Border) || INR 19,000 |
| Slab 1 (Bahadurgarh & PDM Metro Station) || INR 12,000 |
| Transport Regulations: |
| 1. The entire fee shall be payable before the commencement of the academic session. |
| 2. Transport fee, once paid shall not be refunded/adjusted after the commencement of the classes under any circumstances. |
| 3. Air-conditioned buses will be operated from limited places. |
| 4. Transport fee shall be subject to revision every year. |