The Department offers Master’s programme in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Structural Engineering. The programme is of 2 years duration with 4 semesters. The course trains individuals in advanced concepts of structural engineering by in-depth coursework, project and dissertation work.The objective of the program is to produce structural engineers who integrate and build on the program’s core curriculum concepts in the pursuit of professional leadership, teamwork, life-long learning, and career advancement.
Our programme have broad interests from defining new structural forms to practical application of new materials. We believe civil engineering is a creative and collaborative profession, as much as a technical one The department occupies purpose-built classrooms and laboratories and has a wide range of teaching and learning facilities.
The course benefits from both traditional civil engineering core and advanced learning resources. The stream deals with the broad range of areas related to advanced structural mechanics, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete, steel structures, design for wind and earthquake, plates and shells, bridge engineering, tall buildings, computer applications in structural engineering.
Civil Engineering is intimately associated with the private and public sectors engineering. Civil engineers are needed for design, construction and management positions. The courses are designed to produce graduates with leadership potential.
Today the world is undergoing technological revolution, population growth and environmental concerns. All this creates unique challenges for civil engineers. The coming years will be most creative, demanding and rewarding time for civil engineers.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.