Why study Psychology? Studying Psychology makes you a professional Psychologist, where you use your scientific approach to learn about human behavior and mental process and makes you to understand how we think, act and feel. A Psychologist works in a wide variety of different contexts, including clinical, legal, educational and organizational settings in both the private and public sectors. The subject of Psychology helps you to understand yourself; other people about aspects of human behavior in daily life; your interaction with others; your understanding for various psychological disorders including insight into mental illness etc.
Psychology teaching facilities consist of computer laboratories running specialist software which allows the students to design and research for the implementation of their own psychological models, analyze and interpret the data they collect. The PDMU has experts, who have reputation in their fields. At the Honors level the students can access our fully equipped laboratories for analyzing their data collected. Specialist training in different professional areas is then provided at the Master level at PDMU after the Honors degree.
A background in psychology enhances your employability. Psychologists are employed in industries including health care and social assistance, education and training centers etc. A degree in psychology can provide a career in the growing fields of counseling and mental therapy. Social and community service managers are getting high salaries today. Some positions in training and development can be had with a bachelor’s degree, but a master’s degree is an asset. A professional can draw good salaries on his knowledge from a variety of disciplines, including organizational development, business administration etc. Besides these, there are some other jobs like:
- A teacher with a degree in psychology
- A survey research professional
- Becoming a social worker
- Becoming a licensed professional counselor
- A market research analyst
- Careers in Criminal justice etc.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
|Other Academic Charges*||21,000|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||4200|
|Total Fee per Annum (INR)||56,500|
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
|Delhi (All Places)||INR 32,000|