Physics provides the critical knowledge that eludes simple visualization of matter and its motion through space and time along with related concepts such as energy and force. This discipline makes significant contribution to newer a technology that arises from theoretical and experimental breakthroughs. Television, computers, mobile phones, i-pads, domestic appliances, and nuclear weapons are the product of newer technologies which have dramatically transformed us to modern society.
Classical physics concerns with matter and energy on the normal scale or very large scale of observation, while modern physics refers to the post-Newtonian conception of matter and energy under extreme condition at very small scale. Atomic and nuclear physics studies the atoms as an isolated system of electron and nucleus on a smallest scale at which fundamental elements are identified. Particle physics is on an even smaller scale, concerned with the most elementary constituents of matter and the forces of nature. The vision of the department is not only to transform young people to competent and motivated professionals but also to contribute towards the development of the nation through basic research, and technological developments.
The basic and experimental knowledge imparted through various courses to under graduate and post graduate students of basic sciences makes them competent enough to find suitable jobs in R&D institutions, DRDO laboratories and industrial organization engaged in testing, calibration, manufacturing and maintenance of a wide range of equipments and technologies.
The following jobs opportunities can also be availed.
- For teaching in school and colleges.
- For various scientific position in government and R&D labs.
- As project leaders/scientific officers in various defense laboratories
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.