Mechanical Engineering students of PDM College of Engineering have designed & developed a single cylinder go-kart using scrap. The go-kart is built by a 6-member team of 3rd year Mechanical Engineering students under the supervision and guidance of Nikhil Sikka (Head of Deptt) and Manoj Taneja (Assistant Professor) of Mechanical Engineering Department
The go-kart is unique in many ways. Besides having a 4 stroke, oil cooled DTS i engine with 19 nm torque and 21 bhp of power, it has Rear wheel chain drive system with 2 gears one of engine and one fitted on rear axle.
go-kart Technical Specification:
- Chassis: Rectangular shape made of pure iron.
- Engine specification: 4 stroke, oil cooled DTS I engine with 19 nm torque and 21 bhp of power.
- Braking system : Rear axle tied up with disc brakes single cylinder caliper of Byber
- Drive system: Rear wheel chain drive system with 2 gears one of engine and one fitted on rear axle.
- Ignition system : self-start
- Number of cylinders : 1
- Number of valves per head : 2
Director of PDM College of Engineering Prof.(Dr.) R.C.Bhattacharjee appreciated the tremendous work done by the students.
go-kart Team Members:
- Parshant Pruthi
- Kapil Singh Rajput
- Jagir Singh Kataria
- Jatin Rohilla
- Aakash Manjhi
- Jaskirat Singh