Diploma in Pharmacy course comprises :
- PHARMACEUTICS : This subject is designed to impart a fundamental knowledge on the preparatorypharmacy with arts and science of preparing the different conventional dosage forms.
- PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY : This subject deals with the monographs of inorganic drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- PHARMACOGNOSY: The subject involves the fundamentals of Pharmacognosy like scope, classification of crude drugs, their identification and evaluation, phytochemicals present in them and their medicinal properties.
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND CLINICAL PATHOLOGY: Biochemistry deals with complete understanding of the molecular levels of thechemical process associated with living cells.
- HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY: This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure and functions of the various systems of the human body.
- HEALTH EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY PHARMACY: The purpose of this course is to introduce to students a number of health issues and their challenges.
- PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY: The main purpose of the subject is to understand what drugs do to the living organisms and how their effects can be applied to therapeutics.
- PHARMACEUTICAL JURISPRUDENCE: This course is designed to impart basic knowledge on several important legislations related to the profession of pharmacy in India
- DRUG STORE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: Working knowledge of keeping of records required by various Acts concerning the profession of Pharmacy and Theoretical experience in the storage of drugs and medical preparations.
- HOSPITAL AND CLINICAL PHARMACY:to learn various skills like drug distribution, drug information, and therapeutic drug monitoring for improved patient care.
Pharmacists in practice settings work in the following areas:
- COMMUNITY (RETAIL) PHARMACY (Medical Store/Chemist & Druggist) pharmacy.
- HOSPITAL PHARMACY [In Private Hospitals,Public Hospitals (PHCs(Primary Health centres), CHCs (Community Health Centres), District Hospitals, Tertiary & Teaching Hospitals, other public sector hospitals]
- CLINICAL PHARMACY(In patient care settings– both in hospitals and community pharmacy).
-Candidate shall complete the age of 17 on or before 31st December 2018.The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation / Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
|Other Academic Charges*||21,000|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||4200|
|Total Fee per Annum (INR)||57,000|
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
|Delhi (All Places)||INR 32,000|