B.A.(Hons.) Political Science – Stands for Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Political Science is a branch a social science that studies and analyzes the theory and practice of politics and political systems. Subjects usually studied under this degree are Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Principles of State Policy, Constitutional Amendment, Powers and functions of Rajya Sabha, Powers and functions of Lok Sabha, Judicial Structure, Federal Dynamics, Parties and Party Systems, Electoral and Coalition Politics, Decentralized Democracy, Economic System, International Politics etc.
The course is mainly focused on learning various aspects of POLITICS through a firm grounding in political aspects,constitution ,International relations, law and development
The study of political science develops not only reasoning and analytical skills but also written and oral communication skills. A bachelor’s degree in political science can lead to exciting careers in federal, state and local governments, law, international organizations, business, nonprofit associations and organizations, campaign management and polling, journalism, collegiate education, electoral politics, research and university and college teaching. Various skills acquired from pursuing a majors or honors program in political science is valued in different job sectors.
Some Employment Areas: –
- Law Firms
- Marketing Research Firms
- Consulting Firms
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Political Office Holders
- Field Research Firms
- Lobbying Firms
- Publishing Firms
- Political Organizations
PG Courses : Admission will be on the basis of merit of qualifying exam. First Preference will be given to honours students
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.