B.Sc (Hons.) Forensic Science is a three year undergraduate course. Forensic science is the application of science to criminal and civil laws, mainly on the criminal side during criminal investigation. Forensic science specialists collect, preserve and analyse scientific evidence during the course of an investigation.
- Successful graduates get job opportunities in government and private agencies, and hospitals and laboratories.
- Some corporate organizations hire forensic science graduates as document experts.
- Other areas include
- anti-terrorist operations
- mass disaster management
- cybercrime investigation
- protection of human rights, environment, consumer, and intellectual property
- professionals find career opportunities in other areas such as civil services, banks, police, pharmaceutical industry, paint industry, clinical research, biotechnology, and software.
- Forensic Science Laboratories (FSL) across India hire forensic scientists.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), The Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the country’s police departments also hire forensic science graduates. CBI’s forensic laboratory in Delhi recruits’ candidates through the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam.
- Graduates of forensic science can also practice a freelance job. for this, the individual needs to be certified by the state forensics department.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.