Students are made to learn various aspects of computer science and information technology and the course is structured around engineering capabilities which the graduate engineer must possess. The course curriculum has been developed through deliberations between members of a peer group drawn from engineering institutes and the corporate world.
Salient aspects of the coherent program of study undertaken by students are:
- Study of theoretical aspects of fundamentals of computer programming and programming languages; Computer graphics and computer networks; Data structures and algorithms; Computer organization and architecture; Computer design; Object oriented programming; Database management system; Operating system and system programming; Logic and functional programming; Artificial intelligence and expert systems.
- Inclusion of a number of option modules which provide an opportunity to students to specialize in chosen area.
- Integration of learning across the course through minor and major projects based on live projects sponsored by industry.
- Self learning, fetching information from the available technical literature, and presentation of the knowledge thus acquired in seminars/colloquiums.
- Professional practice and experiential learning, i.e., training in industry during summer breaks.
The department endeavors to foster independent learning through hand-on laboratory and design projects, and motivate the students to grow as creative thinkers, learners and collaborators.
Opportunities exist in the area of Design Engineering, Computing/IT Consulting and Solution Developers. Graduating engineers also work as System/Network Administrators or IT Managers. This programme enables you to contribute both in the area of hardware and software design of computer systems. Computer Engineer would have various job opportunities in various MNC’s like Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Infosys, TCS, HCL, Accenture etc. as Computer Engineer, Software developer, Software tester, Network administrator, Database administrator, Database designer, Database operator, Website designer, Website developer, Mobile application developer, Robotics expert, Software analyst. After completing this course one can go for higher education like M. Tech or MS or ME +PhD course from abroad as well.
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology course of 3 years duration or more from an AICTE approved institution with at least 55 % marks in the aggregate.
should be pass in B.Sc Degree of minimum three year duration from a recognized university with Mathematics as a subject and with a minimum of 55% marks marks in aggregate .
Admission will be on the basis of merit of qualifying exam.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.