Students are made to learn various aspects of mechanical engineering and the course is structured around engineering capabilities which the graduate engineer must possess. The course content has been designed after discussions with academia and experts from industry and corporate world, and is thus guided by the current market driven forces. Salient aspects of the coherent program of study undertaken by students are:
- Study of theoretical aspects of thermo-fluids; IC engines, steam and gas turbines; Heat transfer, refrigeration and air-conditioning; Hydraulic turbines and pumps; Mechanics and materials; Kinematics, dynamics and vibration analysis of machines; Drawing, design and development; Manufacturing engineering; Computer aided design and manufacture; Engineering systems and their analysis; Instrumentation and control.
- Inclusion of a number of option modules that would enable the students to select special topics according to their interests and career aspirations.
- Integration of learning across the course through minor and major projects based on live projects sponsored by industry.
- Self learning, fetching information from the available technical literature, and presentation of the knowledge thus acquired in seminars/colloquiums.
- Professional practice and experiential learning, i.e., training in industry during summer breaks.
The department endeavors to foster independent learning through hand-on laboratory and design projects, and motivate the students to grow as creative thinkers, learners and collaborators.
The graduates in mechanical engineering are in high demand and much sought-after by technical industries not just in India but worldwide. The analytical and practical skills imparted through rounded education to under graduate and post graduate students of mechanical engineering make them competent to find suitable jobs in industries engaged in research, design and development; manufacturing, installation and testing; operation and maintenance of a wide range of machines and mechanical systems.
They also have job openings:
- for teaching and research in engineering institutes and universities.
- for managerial positions in government as well as private sectors.
- as technical experts and consultants for various government run projects.
Direct Admission in 2nd Year (3rd Semester)
DURATION : 3 Years.
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology course of 3 years duration or more from an AICTE approved institution with at least 55 % marks in the aggregate.
should be pass in B.Sc Degree of minimum three year duration from a recognized university with Mathematics as a subject and with a minimum of 55% marks marks in aggregate .
Admission will be on the basis of merit of qualifying exam.
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.