Computer Technology is all around us in our everyday lives. As one learn how computer works the one will also get to know the technology behind computer games, mobile phones etc. Computers have now been integrated with all disciplines. Industry has an ever-increasing demand for software professionals. Computer professionals form the most important part of the workforce of any organization. This degree prepares you for a professional career in Computer applications. Through this you can get depth knowledge of software engineering and the practical skills in the required field. Opportunities for self-employment are great as one can also work from home.
This course will appeal to anyone who sees the potential impact of computers in our society. This course will offer further studies in areas such as e-commerce, bioinformatics, nano-technology, security and forensic computing etc. There is a great scope for higher studies too in Computer Applications viz. Masters in Information Technology (MIT) in our country and abroad as well. The vision of the department is to make students practically strong professionals for developing future software and also able to contribute in research activities for the development of the nation.
The following job opportunities are available:
- Provides opportunities to work in multinational companies as network administrators, developers, web designers, database administrators.
- Career in teaching computer studies in both school and colleges recognized by teaching council.
- As project leaders or software developers in software organizations.
- Career in research
- Above 95 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 100 % on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam 5 % on Tuition fee
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.