By controlling information flow through biochemical signaling and the flow of chemical energy through metabolism, biochemical processes give rise to the complexity of life. All areas of the life sciences from botany to medicine are engaged in biochemical research. Pure biochemistry focuses on understanding how biological molecules give rise to the processes that occur within living cells, which in turn relates greatly to the study and understanding of whole organisms.
Biochemistry graduates work in a variety of roles in universities, industry, hospitals, agriculture, research institutes and education. Good career opportunities exist in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, food, brewing, biotechnology and agrochemicals, where biochemical knowledge is needed to develop new products and monitor the production of existing ones. Graduates also use their degree to work in areas such as marketing, patents, technical sales, regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, the legal and financial professions, commerce and teaching.
Suitably qualified graduates can use their degree for graduate entry to medicine, dentistry or veterinary science. This degree also provides a firm base for a higher degree such as a PhD or MSc.
- Above 95% aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 100% on Tuition fee
- 90 % to 94.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 50 % on Tuition fee
- 85 % to 89.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 20 % on Tuition fee
- 80 % to 84.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 15 % on Tuition fee
- 75 % to 79.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 10 % on Tuition fee
- 65 % to 74.99 % aggregate marks in qualifying exam; 5 % on Tuition fee
Fee Structure for the session 2018-19
|Other Academic Charges*||
|Admission Fee (One Time)||INR 4200|
|Total Fee per Annum (INR)||INR 61,500|
* Other Academic Charges includes Development Fund, Examination Fee, Alumni Fee etc.
|Delhi (All Places)||INR 32,000|